Dah lama Cik Hani tak update blog ni. Sian dia dah berhabuk. pukk~ pukk~ pukk~ (tepuk2 buang habuk). Semalam and kelmarin Cik Hani MC. Sakit lama datang balik. Sakit dada sampai susah nak bernafas. Tapi dah check, bukan sakit jantung tapi Costochondritis. Nama tak menahan kan? Ahahaha~ Nak tau ape benda tu? Sila sambung bacaan anda.
Costochondritis (kos-toe-KHON-dri-tis) is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum) — a junction known as the costosternal joint. Pain caused by costochondritis may mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions.
Your doctor might refer to costochondritis by other names, including chest wall pain, costosternal syndrome and costosternal chondrodynia. When the pain of costochondritis is accompanied by swelling, it's referred to as Tietze syndrome.
Most cases of costochondritis have no apparent cause. In these cases, treatment focuses on easing your pain while you wait for costochondritis to improve on its own.
Costochondritis most commonly affects the upper ribs on the left-hand side of your body. Pain is often worst where the rib cartilage attaches to the breastbone (sternum), but it can also occur where the cartilage attaches to the rib.
Most cases of costochondritis have no clear cause. Occasionally, however, costochondritis may be a result of:
- Injury. A blow to the chest could cause costochondritis.
- Physical strain. Heavy lifting and strenuous exercise have been linked to costochondritis, as has severe coughing.
- Arthritis. In some people, costochondritis has been linked to specific problems, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Joint infection. The rib joint itself can become infected by viruses, bacteria or fungi. Examples include tuberculosis, syphilis and aspergillosis.
- Tumors. Noncancerous and cancerous tumors also can cause costochondritis. Cancer may travel to the joint from another part of the body, such as the breast, thyroid or lung.
Sooo...basically, Costochondritis ni sebenarnya muscle area dada tu bengkak and menekan tulang selangka kita yang menyebabkan kesukaran untuk bernafas, batuk, malah ketawa. Ohohoho~ Iyeee...sakit sampai nak ketawa pun susah. Uhuhuhu~
Sekian sahaja dari Dr. Hani (belum dapat pentauliahan). Doakan saya cepat sembuh. Aminnn~
sumber : MayoClinic
sumber : MayoClinic